The Fountain Pen
+BBS 42 Internet

North Wellignton OPP Reports - Jan. 26, 2017

Web posted on January 26, 2017


(TOWN OF MINTO, ON) On January 21, 2017 at approximately 11:02 a.m. a member of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Mount Forest Traffic Management Unit, Highway Safety Division was conducting radar and monitoring traffic on Highway 89 near the 12th Line in the Town of Minto.

The officer observed and locked on radar, a 2009 Ford COF pick-up truck that was travelling eastbound at a very high rate of speed. The officer turned around and activated the emergency equipment on the police vehicle and attempted to catch up to the pick-up truck.

The officer observed the truck pass a number of vehicles that were travelling in the same direction in front of it. The operator of the truck continued to drive in an aggressive, dangerous manner until it lost control and got stuck in the ditch at the intersection of Highway 89 and the 12th Line of the Town of Minto.

Investigation revealed that the male operator of the vehicle was under suspension from driving due to a previous driving related conviction.

27-year-old Dennan FISHER of Ayton has been charged with Dangerous Driving and Fail to Stop For Police contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada as well as Stunt Driving and Driving While Under Suspension contrary to the Highway Traffic Act. He is scheduled to appear in Guelph Criminal Court on February 14, 2017 to answer to his charges.



(NORTH WELLINGTON TOWNSHIP, ON) On January 21, 2017 at approximately 10:10 a.m., Wellington County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers were conducting a R.I.D.E. program at George Street and Charles Street, Arthur.

A male driving a 2015 Ford pickup entered the R.I.D.E. program and officers believed that he had consumed alcohol. A breath test was done which resulted in a fail. He was arrested and transported to a local OPP Operations Centre for further testing.

31-year-old Andrew HUMMEL of Mapleton Township has been charged with Over 80 Mgs contrary to the Criminal Code. He is scheduled to appear in Guelph Criminal Court on February 28, 2017. His driver's licence has been suspended for 90 days and the vehicle impounded for a period of seven days as per statute.